Monday, February 20, 2012

Invisible

Due to on-going community issues, life issues and IF issues I have become isolated in my little box that allows me time to go to work, go grocery shopping, hit the gym (occasionally, very occasionally), surf the internet relentlessly and basically do anything that negates my need to leave the house.

Sometimes I wonder if I am invisible, and perhaps I am to some extent in my community. I post on FB and it is ignored. I post pics of DS and they are ignored too. Is my DS really so less worthy of attention than someone else's cute kid? Why am I so sensitive to this? Why do these people garner so much of my attention, over something so pointless? Unfortunately I have no answers, but I do wonder if FB has really improved or removed from my life. I love the ability of sharing on a mass level, but my sensitivity and vulnerability is flung wide open, with my high school feelings returning... This is NOT a good feeling.

Surprisingly, it is not an all-together lonely existence. I have friends I keep up with from across the street and across the globe who give me support and let me know I am not alone. To all of you guys, I thank you.

No comments: