Monday, January 14, 2008

Selfish is as selfish does

I have come to the conclusion that I am selfish.

Not in the traditional way, because I am always the first to lend an ear/ hand or whatever I can do to help.
No, I am a new kind of selfish.

DH (dear hubby for the uninformed) and I were discussing what our feelings were in the lead up to our RE (reproductive endocrinologist) appointment next Monday.. He is very much of the opinion that we should do whatever it takes to try and conceive our own child- be it drugs, IUI or IVF.
I am of the opinion that I do not want to give my body over to science quite so soon- I do not want to be a guinea pig. I have one body which I do not want to share with experimental procedures that make no guarantees. Especially experimental procedures which will cost us an awful lot of money, aside from anything else.

I think I would rather go the Angelina/ Brad route and adopt.

I think at this point having one guarantee is something that sounds highly, highly attractive.

No comments: