Monday, March 17, 2008

Clomid Climate

Pre PCOS diagnosis, I did have other interests.. I would cook, I would bake, I would dance, I would smile more - in fact, DH might even say I was a happier person to be around altogether. My time is now so totally consumed with my doctor, my nurse, my 'research', my appointments etc that I find myself wondering what I will do when I do not have all these appointments and time drags facing me (I promised E and DH I would think positive so I am! Negative Nancy has left the building..). Just imagine.. I may actually be able to get a good nights sleep and do some work. For now, however, I am on Glucophage, Clomid and prenatal vitamins.
Nothing, nothing, compares to the intense heat you feel on a clomid cycle. I am of course referring to hot flashes- now I know many people have way more side effects, but there is nothing worse than sitting at your desk, surrounded by people and feeling boiling hot and starting to sweat... literally sweat.
I now know why my mom did not take the 'change of life' too well, and loses it anytime someone looks or says something wrong to here- hell, if I felt like I was in the Sahara for one minute and the Antarctica the next for any duration of my time longer than a week I would also think it was time to go gun and bullet shopping.

3 comments:

Denise said...

Sorry about the hot flashes. Good for you for looking at the bright side.

Morgan said...

LOL! I'm sorry you're flashin'. I'm on Metformin, and I think my next stop is Chlomid. I hope it's at least doing its job for you in the meantime.

I'm trying to take it one day at a time in an effort to not become totally consumed by fertility (or lack thereof). I hope you can find ways to keep your mind off of it from time to time soon! It really helps.

Anonymous said...

I'm with you on alot of things - including the hot flashes. I had heard of them, you know, heard of older women talk of them. But you can't really know until you experience them for yourself. They were my biggest side effect, along with vision blurriness which bothered me much more actually.